Re: director synch demon and Linux-HA [Was: Hello].

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: director synch demon and Linux-HA [Was: Hello].
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:11:37 +0200
On 2002-06-20T11:07:09,
   Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx> said:

> I don't know what Linux-HA is monitoring yet, to know what to attempt
> to bring down.

heartbeat only monitors "node health" in a binary fashion: ie, either a node
is up or down - then resources get migrated all at once. It detects this if it
loses contact over all heartbeat channels. (Typically ethernet and/or serial)

> o I don't know to connect the Linux-HA failure to the synch demon. I asked
> here for info on how the synch demon works, but have got no reply. It
> would seem that the synch demon can changeover the active director
> tables all by itself, but as well I have to move the VIP and DIP
> (which I'm doing at the moment with Linux-HA) at the same time.
> Presumably I have to trigger one from the other or both from
> another trigger.

Good question. I haven't toyed with this either yet ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--
Immortality is an adequate definition of high availability for me.
        --- Gregory F. Pfister