Re: LVS-NAT + 2.4 iptables firewalling

To: "Joseph Mack" <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS-NAT + 2.4 iptables firewalling
From: "Ben" <bench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:11:32 -0700
Perhaps it would help if somebody could show me where LVS hooks into these
iptables flow paths:

...manglePREROUTING --> natPREROUTING...
...mangleINPUT --> filterINPUT...
...mangleOUTPUT --> natOUTPUT --> filterOUTPUT...
...mangleFORWARD --> filterFORWARD...
...manglePOSTROUTING --> natPOSTROUTING...

 I saw a posting in the archive from early last year
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=98296653726641&w=2),
but that doesn't really help me much and I don't know how up to date it is.
Hopefully it's somewhat out of date, because from the little I understood it
seemed to imply that LVS didn't play too well with iptables. Of course, that
was a year and a half ago....