Re: director synch demon and Linux-HA [Was: Hello].

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: director synch demon and Linux-HA [Was: Hello].
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:24:15 +0200
On 2002-06-20T11:56:14,
   Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx> said:

> so if I have an IP in the haresources file, it will be moved on failover,
> but if I just delete it, to simulate failure, then heartbeat won't notice?

Right.

As I might have said (not sure ;-) already, Fabio from Conectiva will be
rewriting the heartbeat resource handling because of exactly this issue
soon.

> are the status commands that heartbeat sends to the script(s) just to see
> if the resource that the script controls is up|down and hence if it's safe
> to do the failover, or can the status command be used to detect health too?

Right now, it is using "status" for health too, although that isn't "well
defined"; in the future, there will be another action to monitor health.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--
Immortality is an adequate definition of high availability for me.
        --- Gregory F. Pfister