PATCH: synchronisation and active/inactive connection count

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: PATCH: synchronisation and active/inactive connection count
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:11:09 +0900
Hi,

I beleive that there is a minor bug in LVS 1.0.3 such that if stale
information is recieved by the synchronisation thread the
inactive and active connection counters may become inacurate.

More specifically, a connection's entry in the hash table
may change from being marked inactive to active. However the
active and inactive connection counters for the connection's
destination are not incremented and decremented accordingly.

Later, when the connection's entry is removed from the hash table the
active connection counter will be decremented and the inactive
connection counter will be lefed unchanged. Thus the former becomes one
lower than it should be, and the latter remains one higher than it
should be.

This may lead to something along the lines of:

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  vs0:http wlc
    -> b1:http                      Route   1    4294967296 1

When in fact the last line should be:

    -> b1:http                      Route   1    0          0

Thought this bug is non-fatal, and unlikely to occur I think that
it is still worth applying a fix. I have attached a patch which
should resolve this problem.

--
Horms