Re: Redirecting with iptables/DNAT on director with lvs-dr

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Redirecting with iptables/DNAT on director with lvs-dr
From: pb <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:23:47 -0700 (PDT)
--- Daniel O'Neill <djo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Some incoming traffic from clients needs to bypass
> the LVS and go directly to one or another
> realserver.  I am doing this by assigning a unique
> port number to each realserver and then using
> iptables DNAT to redirect accordingly:

Why not just add a iptables/ipvsadm "route" (for lack
of better term) so that your LVS still handles the
particular service, but only routes it to one
realserver that is actually running said service?
Yes defeats the LVS concept, but is only for certain
specific services, like management.

Will that work? I actually was thinking about this too
because we had some real Netware boxes running LDAP
that would have needed Rconsole ports accessible (not
load balanced) to still respond on an individual
server basis.

Peter