Re: Network funkyness

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Network funkyness
From: "mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 11:11:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Daniel Burke wrote:

> As far as my network problem, it looks like it was an
> ARP problem (blech!)...

I'm coming in on this thread a bit late and I seem to be missing some
information here.

I tried several methods to
> get to the bottom of the problem, and in the end, I
> noticed I was setting the hidden flag on the dummy
> interface AFTER the 4 ip's were assigned...

you have 4VIPs on each realserver?

for some
> reason it suddenly started causing problems with the
> directors after I rebooted the primary... so right now
> my primary and secondary directors are not serving
> pages

your directors are realservers too? Your backup director is a realserver
until it has to become the master director?

> because I couldn't get heartbeat to bring up the
> VIP interfaces after I moved where in the process the
> hidden flag is set.

what went wrong?

> How well would it work to allow the secondary to have
> the dummy interfaces, and serve pages until it has to
> take over load balance responsibilitys, and hack
> heartbeat to shutdown apache and bring down the dummy
> interfaces before bringing up the VIP's?

sounds OK to me.

Joseph Mack, mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux Virtual Server project
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org