Re: DR capabilities - not arp question :)

To: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: DR capabilities - not arp question :)
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:53:50 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Horms wrote:

> However, when I tried a similar setup a couple of weeks
> ago, with the VIP on lo:0 on each of the Real Servers
> I ran into a problem. It seemed that the Real Servers
> were not very happy about recieving traffic from the VIP's
> network on eth0. I am pretty sure this can be resolved
> with some /proc/sys/net tweaks but as I was not sort of

        I assume your problem is not that you put local
IPs on lo but in using 2 switches/NICs for the VIP subnet,
i.e. you receive traffic on the external LAN (where VIP subnet
is configured) and LVS later forward it through the internal
LAN where the real server treat it as spoofed traffic. In
theory, it can be solved with arp_filter=1 and rp_filter=0

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>