Newbie question

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Newbie question
From: Amit Murthy <amurthy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:59:50 -0700
Hi,

I am considering using LVS as a generic load balancing mechanism for one of
my projects and I had the following question :

Is the load balancing uni-directional on the director, i.e., load balancing
only occurs on requests coming in from the external network to a VIP ?
Suppose I have two Services A & B load balanced via two different VIP's. Now
an external client requests Service A which is duly load balanced by the
Director. Now if Service A (in client mode) needs to access Service B, can
this request be load balanced back through the Director ?

If LVS cannot do this, can somebody point me to any other open source
solution which could do it (purely from a load balancing perspective).

Please excuse me if this has already been answered before, I could not find
any reference to the same.

Regards,
Amit