Re: maxconns per real server

To: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: maxconns per real server
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Benoit Gaussen <ben@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:50:43 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Again, Julian, it is not compulsory. You can choose to have or
> not have this feature at compilation time. I can also write a
> text about the security implications so people selecting this
> feature are aware of the problems. Since I use LVS a bit in a
> different framework as other people, this patch has helped me
> fulfilling highly important SLA's with customers which in turn
> (if the feature wouldn't have been present) would have chosen
> a commercial, proprietary solution.

        I now read the 2.2 patch, it is short enough. One qustion,
though: what happens if the real server weight is changed (even
to 0) while the conns are above the threshold? Any problems
with applying "old" old_weight after autostarting the RS?
May be something have to be done when the RS is edited?

        Once Wensong mentioned about modifying the user space
structures and separating them. May be such features can
use their own setsockopt command to modify the kernel
structures without creating problems for the other libipvs
users. I.e. we have generic structure for working with the
real/virtual servers and other extra structures for additional
stuff which again modifies the kernel ones.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>