Re: ssh setup

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ssh setup
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:19:53 -0400
James Ogley wrote:

> > How can I configure rsh/ssh to enable copying of files  between 2
> > machines without human intervention?
>
> You can do it with ssh and empty RSA/DSA keys.

The commands for openssh and the original ssh are different.
As of about a year ago, all the HOWTOs and help pages on the internet
were for the original ssh. Since there was only one ssh when these web
pages were setup, they just refer to "ssh". These pages will lead you
down the garden path. Make sure you're not using openssh and
instructions for ssh.

I installed openssh and got the book by Barrett and Silverman.