FW: ldirectord and failure of real servers

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: FW: ldirectord and failure of real servers
From: "Jeff" <golfer2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:11:47 -0400
Hello,
        I noticed this thread from last year where the quiecent option was
added to
ldirectord.

        I have the exact situation mentioned below concerning persistence.
Unfortunately, an application used by clients to my LVS requires long
persistent connections.  (User sessions can stay alive even though the user
is inactive for periods up to 45 minutes.)

        Is there a way to configure ldirectord to remove the real server
entirely
instead of changing the weight to zero?  I would like to trash any existing
connections if a web server dies.  Otherwise, the users previously attached
to the dead server will have to wait until the persistence time elapses (45
minutes) prior to establishing a new connection.  That could mean a large
number of people are out of business for an extended period even though the
LVS is really still operational.

Jeff