RE: help : how to configure SNMP

To: 'ace' <ace_r2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: help : how to configure SNMP
Cc: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:16:24 -0700
> how configure SNMP in redhat 7.2
>
> i want to  Monitor the traffic at real server
> and MRTG need SNMP to work on it.

this is REALLY off-topic (this is the LVS list not mrtg or snmp) ... I used
the UCD rpm and modified the /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file like this :

com2sec local   ip.address.goes.here       my-snmp-mrtg-group

group   my-snmp-mrtg-group v1      local
group   my-snmp-mrtg-group v2c     local
group   my-snmp-mrtg-group usm     local

You need to change ip.address.goes.here to the mrtg server's private IP and
then make certain snmp is blocked from everywhere else.  Also you will need
to change my-snmp-mrtg-group to be whatever your snmp group name is
(hopefully not public).

Hope that helps.

Peter