Re: PASV FTP

To: <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PASV FTP
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "lisj" <lisj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:11:39 +0800

> there's a section on PASV ftp in the HOWTO. I would test
> without filter rules first.

I have seen the PASV ftp section in the HOWTO, but it seems
have no help.

It seems that, in RedHat Linux7.1, the ftpd send the data port
and its real IP to the client in its data section of the packet.
And then the client use the real IP of the ftp server and the
port it received  to establish the data connection with the ftp
server.