Re: solving arp problem by using iptables

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: solving arp problem by using iptables
From: "Le Van Thanh" <thanhle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:03:47 +0700
Dear Horm and list,

Again arp problems!

Suppose Now I have a realserver with real ip=10.70.75.3. And I wish that this
realserver provide http service for the director with virtual
address=10.70.75.4 (using LVS/DR).

To prevent this realserver answer arp, I use the following iptables command:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d 10.70.75.4 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 80

I think that if I have already run this command, I could not use http service
directly in this realserver. It means that if on my LAN network there is only
ONE this realserver having the virtual IP address 10.70.75.4, I CAN NOT  access
any webpages from this by typing "http://10.70.75.4/"; in the address bar of IE
or Netscape in any computer on the Lan. But in fact, I could . So I think that
I must have not succedded  in configuring iptables to solve arp problem as Horm
described.

Can anyone please tell me how to overcome this?

--
Visit: http://www.netcenter.vn/