high availability between real servers ?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: high availability between real servers ?
From: "Alex Kramarov" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:50:21 +0200
Hi.

I have 2 directors (active/active), running with keepalived. behind them are 4 real servers, running nt (yaicccssss, didn't have a choice...). The directors have 2 vip's , each each directed (lvs-nat) to pair to realservers, each pair provides separate functions, working great, no problem here. all the realservers are on the same network 10.0.0.0/24. Now, i need to access from a server in pair 1 to a server in pair 2, and i need to do that through some highly available point (not though connecting to one of the servers directly, but through some vip on the internal network). Now, i am trying to understand how this would work. Tried lvs-nat, establishing vip 10.0.0.x on the director, but it didn't work, and on second throught it seems that for lvs-nat to work, there has to be routing ? so vip and real servers must be in different ip subnets ?

Is there a way to fulfill this requirement though lvs-nat ? if not, will dr do the trick ?

and another question - i am using the directors aslo as iptables firewalls, so right now the sync daemon is useless to me (during failover ip_conntrack data is not updated, so the state sync for lvs is useless). Are there plans to include iptables sync into lvs sync ?

Thank you.
Alex