Re: SSL Persistent Connections

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ryan.clark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SSL Persistent Connections
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:05:35 -0400
Ryan Clark wrote:

> I cannot get
> any persistent type of connections to work.

apologies, it's a bug.

You didn't say whether you got any error messages - I did about an incorrect
timeout for -s.

In line 7443 of the configure script change

-p";

-p 360";

My persistence code was a real mess.
There were different versions of persistence before and after 2.2.12
and I tried to accomodate both. With no-one using persistence that I heard
about,
I didn't test it all that well (apparently even less than I thought).

There is still a problem in that only the first realserver is added to the
persistent
services. You'll have to run the extra ipvsadm command yourself by hand

you'll do something like

ipvsadm -a -t $VIP -r realserver_name -m -w 1

> SERVICE=t https wlc ppc bashfull:https,1 sneezy:https,1
                      ^^^

you don't need the "ppc". the configure script knows that https is persistent
(through @persistent_services).

The persistence code was so tortuous that for the new version I'm working on, I
dropped support for the old persistence methods and hopefully the new code
will work better. I won't be fixing the old bug, I don't have time for it sorry.

Let me know if you're still stuck.