Re: Persistance again

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Persistance again
From: Sébastien Bonnet <Sebastien.Bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:14:04 +0200
> I'm in the midst of setting up a LVS DR and am having troubles getting
> my head around persistance. My configuration sports three LVS real
> servers running apache/tomcat4 java applications. Obviously I need
> persistance to ensure each client remains with its choosen server
> through the entire session, or horrible things go wrong.

I've got (almost) the same setting, and don't use persistence. Unless your
application is badly coded, you could use session replication. I works
perfeclty for one of our applications which makes heavy use of session
variables.

Read http://www.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=Tomcat for further
details and contact me offline if needed.

--
Sébastien Bonnet
  Centre de contacts - Experian France