LVS with Ldirectord (UltraMonkey) problems

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS with Ldirectord (UltraMonkey) problems
From: "Craig Ward" <Craig.Ward@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:02:12 +0100
Hi there,

I'm having some problems getting LVS working under UltraMonkey hoping someone
might be able to help. I've got everything working fine when using the RPMS,
but now compiled using source has lead to a problem:

My ldirectord config files looks like this:

# Global Directives
checktimeout=3
checkinterval=1
fallback=127.0.0.1:80
autoreload=yes
logfile="/var/log/ldirectord.log"
quiescent=yes

# Virtaul Server for HTTP
virtual=192.168.2.70:80
        fallback=127.0.0.1:80
        real=192.168.2.77:80 gate
        real=192.168.2.73:80 gate
        real=192.168.2.3:80 gate
        service=http
        scheduler=rr
        protocol=tcp

Doing a tcpdump on the real servers shows packets hitting port 80 from the lvs
box and Apache is running on all 3 real servers and I can view it fine directly
on their IPs through a web browser.

But ldirectord doesn't seem to be updating lvs:

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  monkey.testdomain:http rr
  -> localhost.localdomain:http   Local   1      0          0

Is there anything that I could've missed or any further config I need to do?
I've added the IP of the load balancer as a dummy interface with arp hidden on
each real server.

Many Thanks,
Craig.

--
Craig Ward - 3rd Line Technical Support - Frontier Internet Services Limited
Tel: 029 20 820 051 Fax: 029 20 820 038 http://www.frontier.net.uk