RE: LVS with Ldirectord (UltraMonkey) problems

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS with Ldirectord (UltraMonkey) problems
From: "Craig Ward" <Craig.Ward@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:01:05 +0100
Ok, I've got a bit more information to go on now.

Running ldirectord in debug mode I get:

>8---snip---8<
DEBUG2: Checking connect: real server=connect:tcp:192.168.2.3:80::
(virtual=tcp:192.168.2.70:80)
DEBUG3: Connected to  (port 80)
DEBUG3: Activated service 192.168.2.3:80
<repeated lots of times>
DEBUG2: Checking connect: real server=connect:tcp:192.168.2.73:80::
(virtual=tcp:192.168.2.70:80)
DEBUG3: Connected to  (port 80)
DEBUG3: Activated service 192.168.2.73:80
<repeated lots of times>

So it seems to see that apache is up on port 80 on both of the backends and
ldirect activates the server, yet I fail to see this in a ipvsadm -L

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  monkey.localdomain:http wlc
  -> drumlin:http                 Local   1      0          0

drumlin is the local machine (ie admin IP of the box), monkey.localdomain is
the load balanced name (the IP that is load balanced).

Craig.

--
Craig Ward - 3rd Line Technical Support - Frontier Internet Services Limited
Tel: 029 20 820 051 Fax: 029 20 820 038 http://www.frontier.net.uk