Re: Problems with routing from realservers using LVS_DR

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems with routing from realservers using LVS_DR
Cc: lvs-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Matt.Gregory@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:51:52 -0400
> #ip route show table RIP

[root@prod-zope-atl02 src]# ip route show table RIP
10.80.1.0/24 dev eth0  scope link  src 10.80.1.22
default via 10.80.1.100 dev eth0

In the above line, the default route is wrong... This was set incorrectly
on both my realservers.

Someone went and (without asking me first) set up the ip for the oracle
servers on 10.80.1.100 and then asked me to move my director ip so they
didn't have to reconfigure the Oracle box.  Being the nice guy I am I
complied but somewhere along the line didn't get the correct configure
script out to the realservers.  oops.

Thanks for all the help guys...

Matt Gregory
Web Developer
CTI, Inc.
cell: 678-458-6513
ioem: matt.gregory@xxxxxxxxx *see key block below
ooem: matthew.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           Joseph Mack                |
|         |           <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>      |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           lvs-users-admin@LinuxVirtua|
|         |           lServer.org                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           08/30/2002 07:01 AM        |
|         |           Please respond to lvs-users|
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->

Matt.Gregory@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> unfortunately, I still am unable to see internet servers or reach the
zope
> servers after doing this...  Is there something simple I am just missing?

If you have the iproute2 tools installed, then these will be blocking
your access (if you don't have iproute2 tools, I don't know the problem).

On the realservers do

#ip rule show

This will show the tables RIP and VIP. These two tables have the
routes for packets from the RIP (which are routed to the DIP) and
routes for packets from the VIP (which are routed to the SGW).

To show these routes do

#ip route show table RIP

#ip route show table VIP

the configure script installs these routes if it finds `ip` on your
machine. To stop them being installed, rename ip to _ip, delete the
rules (or reboot the realservers), create a new rc.lvs from the same
conf file and reinstall the LVS.

 NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
 contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely
 for the use of the addressee.  If the reader of this message is not the
 intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
 dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or
 its attachments, hyperlinks, or any other files of any kind is strictly
 prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
 the sender immediately by telephone (865-218-2000) or by a reply to this
 electronic mail message and delete this message and all copies and
 backups thereof.