[ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 0.7.1

To: keepalived-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 0.7.1
Cc: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 02:26:36 +0200
Hi all,

I have just uploaded the new release to the master website. The release focus is VRRP, adding a new TSM design (Transition State Matrix) that speed state transition synchronization and reduce repeated code. Review the whole FSM to fixe all junky flapping issue. All this listening manu chao and radio bemba !! :))

The ChangeLog for the release is :

2002-09-17  Alexandre Cassen  <acassen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        * keepalived-0.7.1 released.
        * Fixed a MISC_CHECK issue when registering next timer checker. Must
          register a new timer thread before forking process. This imply for
          the user the extra script call must not execute in more than
          checker->vs->delay_loop.
        * Extented the ipfwwrapper (for LVS kernel 2.2) to not set ipchains
          rules if nat_mask is not specified in the configuration file.
* VRRP : Added support to delayed gratuitous ARP send. When one instance enter to MASTER state a timer thread is registered. The default delay is 5secs. This delay is configurable per vrrp instance and handle the
          'garp_master_delay' keyword. This delay refer to the delay after
          MASTER state transition we want to launch gratuitous ARP.
        * VRRP : Force health checker enable flag if VRRP framework is not
          selected.
        * VRRP : Review the gratuitous ARP helper function to only send
          gratuitous ARP if VRRP VIPs are set.
        * VRRP : Review the FSM to eliminate stalled flapping loop. The state
          transition diagram implemented is :
                                   +---------------+
                  +----------------|               |----------------+
                  |                |     Fault     |                |
                  |  +------------>|               |<------------+  |
                  |  |             +---------------+             |  |
                  |  |                     |                     |  |
                  |  |                     V                     |  |
                  |  |             +---------------+             |  |
                  |  |  +--------->|               |<---------+  |  |
                  |  |  |          |  Initialize   |          |  |  |
                  |  |  |  +-------|               |-------+  |  |  |
                  |  |  |  |       +---------------+       |  |  |  |
                  |  |  |  |                               |  |  |  |
                  V  |  |  V                               V  |  |  V
               +---------------+                       +---------------+
               |               |---------------------->|               |
               |    Master     |                       |    Backup     |
               |               |<----------------------|               |
               +---------------+                       +---------------+

          The state DUMMY_MASTER state has been removed since it is a fake.
* VRRP : In order to handle all possible state transition, a Transition
          State Matrix design (TSM) has been added. This matrix defines
          transition state handlers for VRRP sync group extension. The TSM
          implemented is (cf: vrrp_scheduler.c for more informations) :
           \ E |  B  |  M  |  F  |
           S \ |     |     |     |
         ------+-----+-----+-----+     Legend:
           B   |  x     1     2  |       B: VRRP BACKUP state
         ------+                 |       M: VRRP MASTER state
           M   |  3     x     4  |       F: VRRP FAULT state
------+ | S: VRRP start state (before transition)
           F   |  5     6     x  |       E: VRRP end state (after transition)
         ------+-----------------+       [1..6]: Handler functions.
        * VRRP : Set ms_down_timer to 3 * advert_int + TIMER_SKEW when leaving
          MASTER state.
        * VRRP : In MASTER state, when incoming advert match or FAULT state is
          requested then force leaving MASTER state transition. (review the
          previous election approach).
* VRRP : Optimized the leave FAULT state transition. Directly coded into
          the FSM for speed up recovery or code readability.
* VRRP : Extended smtp notifier for BACKUP state. Review the MASTER state
          notification to only notify when VIPs are set.
        * some cosmetics patches.
* Adam Fletcher, <adamf@xxxxxxxxx> created the 'Keepalived+LVS NAT HOWTO'

Any comments are welcome.

Best regards,