Re: ping hanging?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ping hanging?
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:55:55 +0200
Ben wrote:
Hey all. I run Big Brother on a lot of my machines, and I'm having problems with it on my LVS server. Every once and a while, ping hangs inside of recvmsg() - which is hardly expected, because ping is supposed to be passing recvmsg() the MSG_DONTWAIT option.

Can you tell us more about the network topology? E.g. are you pinging the VIP, a RIP? Are you pinging from within the LVS cluster or through the LVS machine or via a dedicated zone?

I don't have this problem on any other machine I run Big Brother on, so I'm wondering if maybe this is some side effect of LVS...? I'm running on a 2.4.18 kernel with LVS 1.0.3.

Where is big brother running on, RS or director? Where does the problem show up? Any logfile anomalies?

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc