Re: RedHat 7.3 and lvs for kernel 2.4

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RedHat 7.3 and lvs for kernel 2.4
From: Bobby Johns <bobbyj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:18:06 -0500
At 05:10 PM 9/23/2002, you wrote:
Well, I'm actually starting clean here. I'm not moving away from anything towards something. When you reference the ones that come with the kernel upgrade. Do you mean that RH's 2.4.18-10 package includes the LVS stuff in it? I just have to install the kernel-sources RPM and can go from there it looks like. Is that correct?

Yes. This is exactly how I have it set up. The standard RH RPMs have ipvs already compiled and installed, but ipvsadm is not compiled, even though the ipvsadm src is there in the kernel src RPM.

I'll look into Alex Kramarov's suggestion on his setup and see how it might work for me.

I would like to know what in the most recent versions warrants the effort though. Anyone care to weigh in on what's substantially different?

--
Bobby Johns
bobbyj@xxxxxxxxxxx

Freebie, Inc.