Re: [Linux-ha-dev] monitoring services via ipip tunnel?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Linux-ha-dev] monitoring services via ipip tunnel?
Cc: "jason sydes" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bjoern Metzdorf" <bm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 02:00:43 +0200
Hi,

> My (proposed) setup is no different than a standard TUN or DR type LVS
> setup.  The only constraint is that I'd (ideally) like to have the daemons
> on the realservers only bind to a single ip/port, which makes monitoring
> on the realserver's main ip (RIP, whatever) not an option.

I had the same problem with keepalived and DR. Alexandre told me to have the
second daemon listen on RIP:81 and have it checked there.

Of course this is not an option for you, if you really cannot bind to
multiple IPs/ports. But it should be very easy to patch it into ldirectord
(if checks on different ports are not already available there, I don't
know).

The tunneling solution would be the most elegant one, but it requires
additional tunneling setup on the RIPs (although, if you use TUN or DR, you
already have dealt with a special additional setup :-)

Greetings,
Bjoern