RE: No buffer space available

To: 'Roberto Nibali' <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: No buffer space available
From: Jeremy Kusnetz <JKusnetz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:15:21 -0400
> > It just happened again!
>
> Damn!

Well it's been a quiet two weeks.  I haven't gotten the No buffer space
message for those two weeks.  Although, according to my MRTG graphs, the
last big spam spike was also 2 weeks ago, so I don't know what will happen
if we get hit again.

Speaking of getting hit again, Ratz, you said you had some ideas on what to
do about that, but first wanted to clear up the immediate issue.  So what
were those ideas? :)

Today, I've also brought into production a new realserver IPing scheme that
greatly reduces the number of RIPs on the system.  I'm down to about 360
RIPs.  Which means I'm under that magic number of 1024.  I am still
modifying the /proc filesystem to allow me to have more then 1024 arp
caches.  I know I don't need this anymore, but is there any harm in keeping
the changes?  We may end up growing to where I will have more then 1024 RIPs
even with the new scheme.