Re: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 07:33:53 -0400
Tim Cronin wrote:

> within my lvs script I do...
> #load kernel modules
> modprobe ip_vs_ftp
>
> if I use ws_ftp pro my data connection keeps getting reset

the ftp helper modules have not worked as advertised for quite some
time (eg see my entries on ftp in the HOWTO). However I've never got
a reset. I'm using 0.9.4/2.4.9 just fine with the standard command
line ftp client. I know this LVS is a bit old now.

A recent thread on ip_masq_ftp for 2.2.19
started by Tony Clarke should show you the current state of the
helper modules for 2.2 kernels.

eg

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=103236181222248&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=103270773307323&w=2

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,