Re: Max ActiveConn

To: Michael McConnell <michaelm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Max ActiveConn
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:40:31 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Michael McConnell wrote:

>     Currently I am running an LVS-NAT model using a 2.2 kernel. This system
> performs load balancing for custom protocols which require persistent
> connections. Currently we see the following
>
>     Approximately (+ or - 2000);
>     10,000 ActiveConn  - 2,500 InActiveConn
>
> I'm having a hard time understanding when i'm going to hit kernel window of
> sorts. I guess this question applies to both LVS and IPChains.
> What can I do to increase these max values without rebuilding the kernel?

        I don't remember for any limits for the LVS connections,
ipchains does not have limits for connections too :)
But the masquerade has such limits, per proto, explained in the HOWTO.

> Will I improve the maximum values by using a 2.4 kernel?

        No

> Has Julian already made a patch for this? (-:

        No, can you clarify? Ratz has patch to define
limits for connections per real server, not to remove them :)

> Thank so much,
> Michael McConnell

Regards

--