Totally lost

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Totally lost
From: Marcus Human <marcus_human@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:41:16 +0200
Hi

I am running RedHat 8.0 and set up a firewall with Firestarter. My internal
IP addresses is x.x.x.x and my external internet address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
Everything works fine for normal web traffic but I have a microsoft exchange
mail server on the inside that needs to communicate both internally and
externally, in order for my clients internal to connect to it I need to give
it an internal address. This leave me with the problem that mail from
outside can not be delivered to it since it have no registered IP address
anymore. Am I on the right track to use LVS and ipvsadm to create a virtual
IP(My registerd IP) on the outside so that the rest of the world can see it.
This IP(registered) must then be translated with ipvsadm to deliver the mail
to my mail server internally with the private address. Any help and
instructions to do this will be appreciated.

Marcus Human
Application Support Engineer
Tel.  +27 12 678 9200
Fax. +27 665 4160