keepalived and "stupid" router

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: keepalived and "stupid" router
From: "Christian Jacobsen" <christian.jacobsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:34:48 +0100
Hallo List,

I now testing keepalivd which is a really great Programm :))
Thanks to Matthew and the others giving me help.

My new Problem is that we have an Router (Bintec XL2) which does not react
on "Gratious ARP". And the Network guys say they can not change the
ARP-Timeout. So at the moment I am looking at 20-30 minutes timout :(
ARP-Proxy would be to much for the Router as it has a lot to do.

And at the moment we have no chance to put in another router.

What can I do to get the Takeover running ?

Has anybody got an idea ?

I have read here
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.failover.html#
keepalived_vrrpd about VRRPD that it uses an Soft Ethernet with a MAC-Adress
from the Private Range.
I am a bit confused - is that a seperate Package ? I Found something here :
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~acassen/
As far as I can see it is almost the same as in keepalived.

Is somebody using this in Prodution ?

thank you in advance for you help :)
Christian