Re: Strange DNS loadbalancing issue

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Strange DNS loadbalancing issue
From: "Michael McConnell" <michaelm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:32:10 -0800
Hello Jeremy,

    I'm having a hard time understanding why you would possibly load
balancer a DNS server in this fashion.

        Do you receive so many DNS requests a single system can handle the
requests?
        Why do you lack confidence in the DNS protocols built in Round Robin
like redundancy?
        Is there some other serious advantage that I'm not seeing?

    I've always ran my DNS Servers by having 2, 3 or 4 unique DNS servers
all on different networks. If one goes offline it has never been a major
issue, the protocol is designed to go to the next DNS server on the list
provided by the Evil Empire (verisign)

Thanks,

Michael