Re: Some thoughts on Ldirectord...and heartbeat

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Some thoughts on Ldirectord...and heartbeat
From: "Alex Kramarov" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 00:50:29 +0200
and i (having tried all of these 3 packages discussed), am using heartbeat
for failover of the directors, and keepalived for real server checks. the
curent version of heartbeat is rock solid, though 1 specific problem has
been noted with the latest redhat kernels (which seems to be a kernel
problem, not a problem in heartbeat).

as far as i can see though, keepalived is not a time proven platform for
failover management, i had problems with it, and problems are still reported
from time to time to keepalived list. i prefer using keepalived for real
server checks to using ldirectord, because i am running minimum environment
on the director, so perl is not installed, and keepalived seems to do a fine
job there.

Alex.