Re: KTCPVS and TCPSP

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: KTCPVS and TCPSP
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:04:04 +0100
Hi Lingxiang,

The KTCPVS is a layer-7 switching inside the linux kernel. Does it us useful to make the the TCPSP work together with the KTCPVS? The KTCPVS use two kernel level socket do the content switch. When KTCPVS connected with the real web server, I use the TCPSP do the tcp splicing. Are there anyone know if it will faster than just use the KTCPVS?

Splicing techno is efficient for userspace code to optimize overhead created by user-space<->kernel-space operation.

So IMHO, I don t think this will increase KTCPVS performance since it is kernel-space. Optimization for KTCPVS can be a I/O multiplexing design that deal with persistent keepalive HTTP/1.1 webserver.

Best regards,
Alexandre