RE: LVS Configuration

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS Configuration
From: "Rogers, Paul" <Paul.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:40:01 -0000

Peter

Many thanks for your reply.

>Please use "text-only" in your posts to mailing lists.  You'll get more

Once again, I apologise for this.  Our firm uses Outlook/Exchange and no matter what I do (even selecting the plain text setting in OUtlook) the mail always goes out as html.  :-(

>Most users use either keepalived (http://www.keepalived.org) or
>heartbeat+ldirectord (http://www.linux-ha.org) for their LVS setup.  Both of
>these programs help automate the LVS setup quite a bit and are very good
>long-term solutions.

Malcom also suggested this.  I initiallly discounted them as I thought their main function was to provide failover and that using them would add a another level of complexity.  However it sounds as if the opposite is true, so I'll try one or the other out.

Once again many thanks

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.