Re: Setting up source hashing scheduler

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Setting up source hashing scheduler
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:27:23 +1100
On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 07:46:01PM +0100, Marco Lorig wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> thanks for this reply.
> I do not know much about iptables syntax and configuration.
> I copied your iptables syntax and set it up.
> Is there anything to set up with iptables or  these four lines are all
> what i need?
>
> I ask this, because everything looks fine, iptables and ipvsadm on my
> LVS but nothing happens.  Which means, it looks like ipvsadm or
> iptables, maybe both do not care about the packets.  If i tried telnet
> from 10.1.1.1 to the VIP and i got the login from the LVS-Director,
> not the login from the RealServer 10.1.5.7 as i expect.

I've always used "-j Mark --set-mark 1" instead of "-m mark --mark 1"
in the iptables lines, but what Ratz suggtested should work too.

I would suggest double checking to see that the iptables rules
are actually matching the incoming traffic correctly. You can
do this using iptables -L -n -v

--
Horms