Re: Two DMZ via NAT ?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Two DMZ via NAT ?
From: Malcolm Turnbull <Malcolm.Turnbull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:38:13 +0000
Steder, Michael wrote:
Hi,

I try to establish a loadbalancer with at least two seperated DMZ in
different networks.
I'm using RH Advanced Server with Piranha. The piranha gui ist very easy to
use but possibly lacks some features.

Is it a specific RH problem, that only one NAT router can be given ? Even an
additional entry in the lvs.cf doesn't work, starting pulse only generates
the last NAT router in this list.

Another approach I'm trying ist DR, but this seems to be a little tricky and
furthermore ist Julian's www.ssi.bg unfortunately not accesible at the
moment (I need the Director to be the default gw).

Which of this methods should be technically preferred ? (Under the
condtition, that the solution will work with two seperated networks for the
real servers)
What do I have to consider ?

Kind regards,
 Michael Steder

Michael,

Probably NOT the answer you are looking for but :

Use a firewall to manage the NAT / Multiple DMZ stuff
And put a LVS server in DR mode on each subnet (two in each if you want failover).

Default Gateway is then your firewall.

I'm sure someone else on the list will know how to do multiple DMZ NAT LVS though... :-)

--

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

Crocus.co.uk Ltd