Re: Problem with LVS DR - 10065 Host is unreachable

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem with LVS DR - 10065 Host is unreachable
From: Malcolm Turnbull <Malcolm.Turnbull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:02:28 +0000
Rogers, Paul wrote:
Dear All

I have set up an http LVS DR using the instructions in the mini howto (sections 5.2 and 5.4). The ip addresses are as follows:

GW (Router) 10.80.16.1
DIP 10.80.18.202
VIP 10.80.18.203
RIP1 10.80.18.44
RIP2 10.80.18.45

All the setup appears ok, but when I try to attach to the LVS the connection times out with our proxy server reporting 10065 - HOst is unreachable. Running ipvsadm while this is going on shows one of the real servers with an InactConn of 1. If I refresh the page the other server shows the same.

Paul,

Start small....

Just test it using the VIP from a client (NOT THROUGH A PROXY)
Does it work ?
If not.. are you sure you've solved the ARP problem ?
Does each real server also have the VIP on the loopback adapter ?

WINS (arrrggghhh...) Install a DNS local cache and set up and entry for your VIP.

Or I guess you could use a static WINS entry if you really don't want DNS...

PROXY.. SQUID ? Doesn't it need local web servers to be specified in the config so that it doesn't attempt to proxy them.. (wich would get very confusing)

--

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

Crocus.co.uk Ltd