Re: LVS Routing Method Question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS Routing Method Question
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:45:18 +0100
Hello,

I've not read the whole thread, so the answer might already be there.

What exactly is strict NAT routing?
Our network guy told me about this - I forget the
exact term other than he did say "strict NAT routing"
and it involved source/destination IP addresses all
being re-written in the transmitted packets by the NAT
router.  If not all IP addresses are rewritten, it is
not true NAT.  Thus, we cannot get a NetWare server

Was one of you stoned during the conversation? :) Ask him if he knows
about the different NAT concepts, speaking about:

o 1:1 NAT
o M:1 NAT (yes, there is a difference between this and MASQ.)
o M:N NAT
o Masquerading (I guess he meant that according to your wording)

Then we can talk again.

with LDAP and 2 network cards (one side on LVS's
private network) working with NAT because looking at
the contents of the packets it shows it not to be true
NAT, as I poorly explained.

I hope someone else could solve this issue in the thread already.

Thank you - I will try either direct or tunneling -
doesn't one or the other need the real servers to be
LINUX boxes or does it matter with those other routing
methods???

For LVS-TUN you need Linux RS.

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc