Re: Problem with LVS DR - 10065 Host is unreachable

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem with LVS DR - 10065 Host is unreachable
From: Sébastien Bonnet <Sebastien.Bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:58:15 +0100
> After amending the script as you suggest, I can now ping the RIP's
> from the client but am still unable to ping the RIP's from the VIP
> (director). I also tried amending the netmask on the VIP to
> 255.255.255.0 but with no affect.

So, client to RS is OK, but director to RS is not ?

I think tcpdump is gonna be your friend.
Send us a dump of what happens while doing this:
director# ping 10.80.18.44
director# ping 10.80.18.45
client# telnet 10.80.18.44 http
client# telnet 10.80.18.203 http

> I'm still not sure what the problem is.  Any ideas?

Obviously, it will be easier to find out with the dumps :)

--
Sébastien Bonnet
  Centre de contacts - Experian France