Re: IP tunneling architecture issue

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IP tunneling architecture issue
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:55:30 +0900
On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 12:08:02PM -0800, Peter Mueller wrote:
> Hi Horms,
>
> > too much bother.  I also have a patch to make it work with bind9 that
> > I'm happy to send anyone who is interested.
>
> The bind9 patch uses recursive-DNS to geo-locate users and send them to
> specific locations?  (Is this what 3DNS does?)

The bind9 patch, works in conjunction to return DNS results based
on the source IP address of the DNS request - i.e. the IP
address of the DNS server. So yes, it tries to return results
based on someonese network/geographic location.

I can't really comment on 3DNS as I have not used it, but I believe
that it does something similar.

--
Horms