Re: I got an udp persistence question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: I got an udp persistence question
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 20:45:18 -0500
Horms wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 03:45:07PM +0800, Han Bing wrote:
> > Hi:
> >       I am developing several game servers using UDP.

> Off the top of my head, having not much experience with LVS and UDP,
> yes. It should work the same way as TCP (more or less).

not sure what may happen here. people have had problems with LVS/udp
(eg with ntp).

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.services.single-port.html#ntp

These problems should go away with persistent udp, but
no-one has tried it and it didn't even occur to me.
The behaviour of LVS with persistent udp may be undefined
for all I know. I would make sure that the setup worked with
ntp before trying a game setup.

I tried getting straight about LVS/udp with Julian off-line
but didn't figure it all out.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,