Re: win nt problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: win nt problem
Cc: mack.joseph@xxxxxxx, Piavlo Alexander <piavka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nir Tzachar <tzachar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:54:40 +0200 (IST)
hello all.

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Joseph Mack wrote:

> Nir Tzachar wrote:
>
> > after some time, the director will not accept connections from
> > any windows nt 2000 or xp client (on port 8080 only!! all other
> > ports works as usuall (ftp, ssh ..)and it will still accept connections
> > from any linux/unix clients..)
>

> in case you don't know, M$ clients violate the RFC for TCPIP

well, i was pretty sure smth like that happens.... all the communications
i could snarf with tcpdump seemed VERY weird ....
anyway, the problem occurs ONLY when using port 8080 for squid.
this seems to b consistent with the problem you described, since all other
applications run fine..
to conclude, my solution was to move the squid proxy to another (non
standard ) port, and use a pac autoconfiguration script for
ie5/netscape/mozilla .
its been running for 2 weeks now, and all seems fine.. ( i'll tell you more
when we go into production ... ).

thanks.

> http://grotto11.com/blog/slash.html?+1039831658
>
> Joe