AW: HTTP-HTTPS

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AW: HTTP-HTTPS
From: "Steder, Michael" <Michael.Steder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:32:49 +0100
Hi,

you can use firewall marks to make http/https-server work.

This job has to be done by iptables/ipchains, ipvs can recognize these, but
cannot assign them.

In the lvs configuration you can tell ipvs to handle packets on different
ports with the same firewall mark identically.

The rules to set the firewall mark to 80 on packets destined to the floating
IP address x.x.x.x on ports 80 and 443

iptables
        /sbin/modprobe ip_tables
        /sbin/iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING \
                -p tcp -d x.x.x.x/32 --dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 80
        /sbin/iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING \
                -p tcp -d x.x.x.x/32 --dport 443 -j MARK --set-mark 80

ipchains
        /sbin/modprobe ipchains
        /sbin/ipchains -A input -p tcp -d x.x.x.x/32 80 -m 80
        /sbin/ipchains -A input -p tcp -d x.x.x.x/32 443 -m 80

After this my http/https-server worked fine :)
Make sure that packet filtering rules are made permanent, otherwise this
changes wont persist through a reboot.

Hope this helps,

Greetings,
 Michael