Re: Found the problem, don't know how to fix it.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Found the problem, don't know how to fix it.
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:04:34 -0500
Matthew Crocker wrote:

Hmm, I read you're earlier post and didn't diagnose the symptoms.
glad you figured it out.

> Question:  Why do I need to add the IP address to the LVS box in a
> LVS-DR/FWMARK setup.

for the real answer you'll have to ask Julian.
A fix is promised, whenever it becomes important enough :-)
In the meantime here's my lengthy exploration of the matter.

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.routing_tricks.html#routing_and_delivery

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx