Re: LVS DR Localnode mit heartbeat?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS DR Localnode mit heartbeat?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:24:33 -0500
Uwe Kruse wrote:

> Hallo,
> i try to realize a local node cluster with LVS DR. On my Real server, there
> ist the VIP on
> lo:0 with ifconfig. I have implemeted the hidden patch. All works fine.
> Now i try to use heartbeat for ha.

you have 2 directors which you are doing the failover on?

> In case of fail over, heatbeat uses the vip defined on the lo:0.

the lo:0 VIP is on the realservers. You don't use HA to failover the
realservers.
For the realservers you use mon or some equivalent.

> The gratious arp can not work.

what is the problem with it?

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx