ip_vs_send_async error

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ip_vs_send_async error
From: "Dustin Lovell" <dustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:14:36 -0700
Greetings to all on the list. I am a new subscriber, and I must say I've had a very eventful few days getting an LVS up and running. I'm happy to say almost everything is working as expected. I'm using heartbeat for director failover and ldirectord from Ultramonkey for realserver failover. The only thing that isn't working is the connection state synchronization daemon. Every time a connection is made to the server pool, this error is logged:

Jan 20 21:58:37 lvs1 kernel: IPVS: ip_vs_send_async error
Obviously the information isn't getting to my backup director, because when I do ipvsadm -Lcn on that machine, the table is empty. I'm using ipvs 1.0.7 with kernel 2.4.18 on a redhat 7.3 install. I am not using Redhat's 2.4.18 kernel, however. I downloaded the kernel from kernel.org and compiled it according to the instructions in the HOWTO. Has anyone else experienced this problem and solved it? Like I said, I'm very happy everything is working as well as it is, and this is the last piece of the puzzle. Thanks in advance.

Dustin Lovell
Network Administrator
Embroidery Central
www.embroidery.com