AW: Trouble whiile balancing www requests from aol users

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AW: Trouble whiile balancing www requests from aol users
From: Matthias Krauss <MKrauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:08:42 +0100
I have now the persistency netmask feature up and it seems to work fine,
all sender networks are going closed to 1 RIP, load share on all RIP's is
nearly
equal, aol users are still complainig and somehow i've the impression
that aol has different netmasks on their proxies, i found a
list under http://webmaster.info.aol.com/proxyinfo.html and used
this info for marks,

imade this iptables list:

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s  64.12.0.0/16 -d $VIP/32 --dport
80 -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s  153.163.0.0/16 -d $VIP/32
--dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s  195.93.0.0/16 -d $VIP/32 --dport
80 -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s  198.81.0.0/16 -d $VIP/32 --dport
80 -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s  198.81.16.0/21 -d $VIP/32
--dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s  198.81.26.0/26 -d $VIP/32
--dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s  202.67.0.0/16 -d $VIP/32 --dport
80 -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s  205.188.0.0/16 -d $VIP/32
--dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 3

and for the ipvsadm:

ipvsadm -A -f 3 -s rr -p 3600 -M 255.255.255.0
ipvsadm -a -f 3 -r $RIP1 -g -w 100

of course their is no balancing anymore for the above nets, we do have
fortunality not
that much aol people so i think i leave this for now or anybody has
altenativ ideas ?

thx
Matthias