RE: LVS backup momentary failover behavior

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS backup momentary failover behavior
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 14:56:23 -0800
> > are your heartbeats only sent through one medium
> > (eth) ?
>

> The pulse daemon talks over eth0 IP on port 539.
> The lvs.cf configuration file has the host
> address and backup host address which are
> used by pulse to determine who should be
> running lvs.  There's a Keepalive=6 setting.

Can you add another heartbeat medium?  Although I'm not familiar with pulse,
the heartbeat mailing list archive has a lot of these kinds of posts.  The
solution is usually to add another medium and voila the problem disappears
:).  If you can't add a serial cable, maybe you can move this heartbeat to a
crossover eth cable between these two servers?

Hope that helps

Peter Mueller

PS - nice first name. :)