RE: Problems getting keepalived to set VIP

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Problems getting keepalived to set VIP
From: paul.rogers@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:07:24 +0000
Dear All

Many thanks for the responses to my mail.  The lvs now seems to work (ie it
serves web pages :-}).  However ifconfig and netstat do not show that the VIP
exists.  Is this correct?

Paul

Bernt wrote:

>I far as I now, please correct me if I\'m wrong, you don\'t need the syncgroup
>>if you only have one interface.

>I got it working with this configuration:

Bernt,

I tried removing the sync group and it all seems to work now, many thanks.

Alexandre wrote:

>Exactly :), and much more, if VIP is a VRRP configured VIP you don\'t
>need to create ifconfig alias... VRRP framework set IP address for you
>throught kernel netlink channel.

Alexandre

I\'m sorry, I didn\'t make myself clear.  I only used ifconfig etc because I
was unable to get VRRP working.  Thanks for your reply.

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.