RE: Multiple web sites on multiple virtual servers

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'keech_todd@xxxxxxx'" <keech_todd@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Multiple web sites on multiple virtual servers
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 12:22:32 -0800
> I would like to mirror 10 different web sites on 4 separate virtual
> servers running IIS and load balance them with a director using LVS.
> Can LVS handle a configuration like this?  Can I use LVS-DR be used?

I'm a little confused on your "4 virtual servers" and "10 web sites"
terminology.  LVS is very capable of running as many VIPs as you need (into
the thousands or much more depending on RAM).  LVS-DR is one possible means
of doing this.  IIS is compatible with this method using MS-loopback
adapters.  Check the HOWTO for details.