inactconn problem

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: inactconn problem
From: "adrien" <Adrien.Faivre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:11:32 +0100

Hello

I have a problem with LVS.

I have a new kernel which is ok, I use the configure script for lvs nat , one nic one network.

The script run good, I configure the gateway for my 2 realservers (dip = real server gateway).

I execute ipvsadm and it return 0 activeConn and 0 InactConn. It’s normal for the moment (I think).

After that I execute some telnet on my client to the VIP, but on the director I see always 0 ActiveConn and 1 InActConn.

I have see on /www.linuxvirtualserver.org yhe howto I found that:

7.6. connection hangs; ipvsadm shows entries in InActConn, but none in ActiveConn

The usual mistake is to have the default gw for the realservers set incorrectly.

  • VS-NAT: the default gw must be the director. There cannot be any other path from the realservers to the client, except through the director.

But my realservers has the good default gw (here the director)

Please help me, I can’t find the problem

Thanks

Excuse for my English but I’m French, so if you speak French it’s perfect but you can answer in English, of course